20110306

i think i might be suffering from minor oniomania



i do not own a credit card. some people find it weird. true, it can be inconvenient. when they are things that i want to buy, i need to ask my mom to pay first. sometimes when i go out i actually google up the nearest atm/bank.

the main reason why i cannot own a credit card right now is simply because i do not trust myself. normally the bank will grant a credit limit of 2 or 3 times your monthly salary. imagine that. let say, your income is around rm2000, your credit limit can be up to rm6000. there is a huge possibility that you might spend more than what you earn.

i always have the urge to shop. it doesn't have to be clothes or shoes. for example, if i enter a shopping mall, i feel weird to not buy anything. i rarely come out empty handed. at the very least, i'll go and buy and ice cream or water.


Psychiatrists do believe that the behavior can be triggered by a need to feel special and to combat loneliness, as well as a hope that shopping will somehow change them for the better. But compulsive shopping satisfies none of those needs and therefore the shopper's behavior may escalate

the statement above is a wee bit true. i have never been good at making friends. worst in fact in keeping them. sure, money doesn't buy me happiness. but it sure does buy me a lot of things ^^, am not sure about the 'change for the better part'. i am still me. only difference is i own more than i did.

for half one's brain to be 'doing an insane, noisy war dance...Money, money, money!! Spend, spend, SPEND!!

i envy people that buy only things they need, not the things they want. went out with a friend a couple months back. it was when we had first started working. she said to me well i can't remebmber her exact words. it goes something like this 'now that i know how hard it is to make a living, i no longer shop like i used too. i'm more careful on the way i spend my money' my owh my, my thoughts are the complete opposite. in my mind 'damn, i worked my ass off for this money. i am entitled to spend it on the things that i want!'


to all the former shopaholics out there, how did you guys curb the addiction? seriously




ps: 2nd post in less than 24 hours. well, as expected of me. gung ho for the first few weeks. iyai, 1am? have a date with cik gigi besi at 11! toodles people



credits to: fashion phd, wikipedia


No comments: